More Parts!

I got some parts. Behold.

Not the greatest picture but I got the following:

gasket set for the engine
bag o bolts (engine)
in-line fuel filter
master cylinder rebuild kit
brake pads
headlight
brake lever
2 pistons

What I didn't get? Piston rings. I can't put the pistons in and thus begin rebuilding the engine without them. Argh. They are out of stock and will send them when they are in. Ah well...other stuff to be done.

While I was waiting for the above parts to be delivered I continued cleaning the bike of dirt and grease. I also continued stripping as much rust as possible. Slow going but progress is being made.

I did rebuild the master cylinder yesterday. It was a bit of a pain but very rewarding when I finally got it. Put it back on the bike along with the new brake lever. It looks quite shiny especially compared to the old clutch lever.

I did a little bit of cleaning on the engine (removing the last vestiges of gaskets) and replaced a couple smaller gaskets.

While I was in Buffalo I also picked up a valve spring compressor (amongst a couple other items...self etching primer, flat black paint and a solution to help rid the fuel tank of rust) which I will put to use soon to make sure the valves are running properly. I guess I need to do this before I rebuild the engine. Probably for the best the piston rings aren't in yet.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply