A Family Affair

Earlier today I got the brake caliper back together (with the new brake pads), attached it to the left fork and mounted the front wheel.

Earlier in the evening I had a whole bunch of help putting the engine back in. These pictures will help explain...

I figured the best way to put in the engine would be to lie it on it's side and lower the bike onto it. We are deciding how to accomplish this.
I originally planned on Mike, Paul and my Dad helping out but Jack, my grandmother's 79 year old boyfriend, jumped right in there...without his shoes! As you can see, it is quite oily and greasy in there.
This is about the time where my Dad realized that the turn signal light would be crushed if we continued this. Oh and this is just before ALL of the fork oil (actually ATF) started spilling from the forks. That was my fault.
We decided to lift the engine in. Clearly more people were needed for this.
The end result.

Many of the bolts holding the engine to the frame have been tightened. The heavy stuff is almost done. Getting really close now...

Edit: I forgot to mention. My exhaust has been shipped! It is coming in from Chula Vista, California. Excitement!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply