Good News!

Turns out the cylinder block only had to be honed! Boring the cylinders COULD (although I doubt they would have charged me this much) have cost upwards of $90...per cylinder. The grand total to get it honed? $33.90. Nice. Also, this means that I don't need to buy 4 new oversized pistons ($199 USD). Instead I cleaned up the old ones (good thing I didn't toss them, eh?) except for #2 (which has a stuck ring and is therefore toast) and inspected them. 3 and 4 are in great condition. #1, however, has enough damage that I need to order not 1 but 2 new pistons.

I ordered a gasket set for the engine, new bolts for the engine (old ones are either rusted, fairly stripped or totally ruined), one new piston [need to order another...damn my lack of patience], and 4 sets of piston rings.

I don't have any pictures right now. Boo.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply