Happy! And Annoyed!

My exhaust came today!

I took a picture but i'm too lazy to get the camera and transfer it to the computer. Plus, it will look better when it is actually on the bike.

Here is the journey it took:

I have no idea what was going on with Windsor but at least it got here!

Anyways, turns out I really should have removed the stock flanges on the engine earlier because they need to come off and they are turning out to be a PAIN to remove. I successfully removed one of the 8 screws the old fashioned way. The rest turn out to be so seized (I smashed them repeatedly with an impact driver) that I need to drill them out. This is the point I'm stuck at. I'm pretty sure I spent more than 2 hours wrestling with them today and I'm still not done.

Tomorrow I will complete this (dammit!), clean the engine and then attach the exhaust header. I should also install the carbs and air filter box. I'll try to clean up the fuel tank as well...more on that tomorrow...hopefully.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply