I Got Parts!

We got back home around 4pm from Peacock Point and what was waiting for me at the door? My parts! Wow! Now that was fast.

I didn't get much time last night to work on the bike as I was (a) tired and (b) being eaten alive by mosquitos. However, I did get one the clamps that secure the exhaust pipes to the engine loose but the rest were pretty seized. Sprayed them with penetrating oil and moved on. Got the clutch cover removed (it came off easy enough). Removed the kickstarter, as well.

Three of the four carbs have now been cleaned! I kept one intact just in case I forget how they go together and the books I have somehow fail me. I also came to the realization that I may have lost the float pin (a pin that holds the carb floats in the bowl). It is tiny and I may have lost it. Damn. I have, however, found someone on eBay who sells replacements at a reasonable price but I will hold off for now. 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply