Hitting some snags

I haven't taken the engine out yet because I've come across some difficulties.

1. One of the bolts holding the engine to the frame does NOT want to come out. Specifically, the nut doesn't want to turn on the bolt...probably because it is rusted/seized. My dad came over and tried to help as well but to no avail. What can I do? Well, I am going to drill into the head of the bolt to weaken it and then grind it down so I can punch it through. This will take some time and I will have to get a new bolt (luckily they should be relatively cheap through Honda)

2. I need to remove the drive chain BUT it does not have a master link which means I cannot break the chain without permanently breaking it (read: I would need a new chain). My dad is confident that the chain is in really good condition so yet another reason not to break it and drop $70+. So my only recourse is to remove the rear wheel. This, like the bolt, will take time.

IF the engine works, then all of this is worth it. If not...well, then it's not. I have to keep telling myself the engine will work, the engine will work.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply