Carbs

I have FINALLY removed the carburator assembly. It seemed to take forever due to very stiff connections between the carbs and engine AND the incredible humidity. Here is the bike sans carburator.

Yesterday I started to remove the individual units (finnicky work!) and picked up a large amount (so says my neighbour) of carb cleaner for them to soak it. The garage stinks of a gasoline-like smell. It is awful. So far I have one of the four soaking.
The old gasoline has formed a thick crust of varnish inside the bowl. Nasty.

Last night I ordered a few things from VintageCB750.com (out of Stratford, ON) to help get this bike running:

- 4 carb rebuild kits
- 4 spark plugs
- 1 battery

My next goal is to start soaking another carb, clean this current one in preparation for the rebuild kits and pour some transmission fluid into the spark plug holes of the engine so I can get this engine unseized.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search