It Begins

For as long as I can remember there was a motorcycle in the shed in my parent's backyard. I was fascinated with it. I remember wanting to sit on it and ride it. I'm pretty sure I did get to sit on it...my memory is a little fuzzy about that. However, I do remember that it sat there, untouched, day after day, year after year until last year when my brother (Paul) pulled it out of the shed and into my parents' garage.

The motorcycle is a 1973 Honda CB750K3. This bike took my Dad to the West and East coasts of Canada and back. I know that he also used it to commute to university (notice the yellow sticker near the rear light?). The license plate states that the last year this bike was legal to drive was 1981; the year after I was born. There was nothing wrong with the bike when he stopped riding it. It sat around for a little while (my Dad is not quite sure how long) since my Mom and him were kept busy taking care of me. He never got around to riding it and, because of this, the engine seized.

I think he wanted to fix it up eventually...but life just sort of got in the way. So it sat in the shed for years. Until now.


I have made it my summer (most likely longer) project this year to get it working. What you should know about me, and if you KNOW me already than this will come as no surprise, I have absolutely no mechanical knowledge or skills of any kind. However, I am going to try my hardest to learn and figure this stuff out. I like a challenge! I also have many people in my life who said they are willing to help in any way they can.

I have decided to document this for friends, family and for myself.

Wish me luck!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search