Slow Start

Today is my last exam day. Once I mark (they are writing as I type this), record, make comments and submit I am pretty much done for the year. I still need to do some other menial tasks but I am effectively done. Starting next week I can work full force on the bike. Exciting!

However, I have done a few (small) tasks on the bike. In no particular order:

- Removed the seat (wow!)
- Gas tank was previously removed by Paul.
- Removed the back rest (once again, wow).
- Removed the license plate and alarm system* it was attached to. (my Dad took both as a souvenir)
*The alarm system, so says my Dad, was set off when the bike was tipped too much in either direction. Fairly simple. I opened it up to find a LONG corroded 9 volt and two small vials filled with mercury. When the liquid mercury moved too far to the left or right it touched the contacts which set off the two alarms.
- Drained the oil! (this was difficult as I only had short wrenches the bolts were seized. A visit to Paul and I picked up the needed tools: metric sockets and a johnson bar [Truth be told, I thought he was kidding me with the name]. I barely had to put pressure on this bar in order to loosen the bolts.)
- Started to disconnect the carburator.

I have picture of the oil disposal process (i.e. pouring the oil from crappy, dollar store salad bowls [the dye on the bowls actually stained Allison's shirt! Quality craftsmanship] into an empty detergent container.) which I'll post later.

I'm hoping to work on it a little bit more before I go camping with the guys this weekend. We'll see...

P.S. I found the HUGE (~300 page) CB750 shop manual on the Internets and printed it off in one of the school's computer labs (shhhhh...don't tell admin :s).

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search