Work...

So school has consumed my life. I have been pretty busy planning and this has left me little/no time to work on the bike.

What has occurred since I last posted (over a month ago)?

- FINALLY got the exhaust on and it looks pretty awesome.
- Got the entire bike back together and threw some gas into the gas tank.

This is where it ends. Why? Well I can't get it started and I don't have the tools required to do it. On top of this, fuel is leaking out of one of the carbs into the air filter. Awesome. It probably has something to do with the float being stuck but I haven't had the time to look into this.

I have decided to seek professional help to get it running. I made a call to 679 Bike (where I purchased my tires) about getting it up and running. Steve, the owner, told me that they are not able to take on this project right now BUT he knows a guy who specializes on older bikes. He does this a side business and, therefore, his rates will be lower (yay!). I'll be calling him later today. Hopefully I will be able to drop the bike off this Saturday as the weather will be nice and my dad can get a trailer to transport it.

Stay tuned for updates....I swear!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search